Overview of Kinnect
At Kinnect, we envision a child welfare system in Ohio where:
- Foster care is a temporary or short-term option
- Children and families are empowered to find solutions to the problems they face
- Direct service providers and social workers can establish and maintain a culture of innovation and excellence
- All stakeholders prioritize permanency in each decision made on behalf of a child and their family
We believe that childhood is a fundamental human right, and that every day for a child in foster care is a day in crisis. We envision a world where families, agencies, resources – and children – work together so that every child is loved and nurtured in a permanent chosen family. We develop partnerships that transform beliefs, values, and actions to achieve permanency for all children in the shortest time possible. We have been advancing this mission since 2005 (as Waiting Child Fund).
The Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist is a full-time position dedicated to supporting the organization’s internal and external marketing and communications strategies. The Specialist will work under the direction of the Executive Director to manage various aspects of Kinnect’s marketing and communications activities with emphasis on developing and optimizing its digital presence.
The Specialist will be responsible for designing, launching, and monitoring Kinnect’s strategy on multiple digital platforms and will support internal communications, as identified by the Executive Director. These responsibilities may include creating employee communications, presentations, and materials for internal programs. The specialist will also support special events by creating content and coordinating digital communications.
- Develop, implement, and manage Kinnect’s digital marketing and communications platforms.
- Develop content that is informative and engaging.
- Provide innovative ideas for optimizing Kinnect’s on-line presence.
- Continuously improve Kinnect’s website appearance, utility, and functionality. Provide support to Kinnect team with website postings.
- Support the Executive Director in publishing a blog and other ongoing communications, presentations and speeches.
- Maintain tracking to assess effectiveness of Kinnect’s digital strategy.
- Assist with enhancing internal and external communication channels, format, and content.
- Work with Development team to provide marketing and communications support for special events. Attend special events to assist with program implementation and follow up.
- Continued refinement of communication strategies that support the organization in securing funding through government contracts, private foundations, and individual donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Communications.
- Demonstrated experience working in the digital marketing and communications area.
- Experience creating content, both written and visual that engages diverse audiences.
- Knowledge and ability to launch multiple digital strategies to engage stakeholders.
- Experience in marketing and communications for special events.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
- Creative capabilities that translate into effective communications and marketing content.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Comfort in providing and receiving feedback.
- Detail oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of digital platforms.
- Knowledge of Google (GSuite) programs.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and communications measurement processes.
- This job generally operates in an office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- The job allows for virtual work-from-home, as deemed appropriate for the demands of the position.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.