To apply, please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Include the position in the subject line.
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Location: Cleveland office
Kinnect is a private non-profit that was founded in 2005. Kinnect leverages its leadership expertise to design programs, products and services that transforms the child welfare system. Kinnect leads innovation to reduce the time that children spend in the child welfare system and to prevent entry into the child welfare system. Kinnect achieves this by partnering with organizations to transform beliefs, values and actions to ensure permanent families for all children in the shortest time possible. We believe that childhood is a fundamental human right and that all children deserve permanent families. We believe that everyday that a child is in foster care, separated from their kin and community is a day in crisis. We embrace hope, possibility and innovation and we treat everyone with dignity and respect
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Accountant will be responsible for financial bookkeeping through Quickbooks and Excel, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. They will collaborate closely with the CFO regarding budgeting and forecasting practices as well as report preparation for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Supporting day-to-day accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts
- receivable, payroll, and general ledger management.
- Ensure correct and timely monthly closing including reconciling accounts monthly
- Preparing monthly invoices for government grants, contracts, and foundations while ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Working with external CPA to prepare annual tax information for federal, state and local governmental agencies
- Coordinates annual audit with external auditors
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll accounting.
- Completes accounts payable, journal and general ledger coding and entry, bank reconciliations.
- Manages corporate credit cards including reviewing credit card transactions for proper coding, required approvals and reporting fraud.
- 2-5 years experience in General Accouting
- Bachelors Degree
- High level of initiative with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to interpret and present accounting information clearly and concisely.
- Team-oriented, with excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Experience with Quickbooks, Excel,
- Experience processing payroll through a third party payroll partner
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (drug/background).
Additional skills/competencies necessary:
- Teaming: Ability to motivate and inspire a team. Must show a commitment to establishing and maintaining vision in a fast-paced fluid environment and to help team members to understand their role in helping to accomplish the
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities, and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and harmoniously with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle competing demands and unexpected events. Willingness to change approach to best fit the
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps
- This position occasionally requires long hours and occasional weekend
- This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets,
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
All employment decisions at Kinnect are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, size, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or
genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the subject line.