Title: Regional Coach
Reports to: Regional Director
Job Location: Remote
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Retirement, Paid Time off, Holidays
Date Posted: October 2022
Overiew of Kinnect:
Kinnect is a private non-profit that was founded in 2005. Kinnect leverages its leadership expertise to design programs, products and services that transform the child welfare system. Kinnect leads innovation to reduce the time that children spend in the child welfare system and to prevent entry into the child welfare system. Kinnect achieves this by partnering with organizations to transform beliefs, values and actions to ensure permanent families for all children in the shortest time possible. We believe that childhood is a fundamental human right and that all children deserve permanent families. We believe that every day that a child is in foster care, separated from their kin and community is a day in crisis. We embrace hope, possibility and innovation and we treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Overview of the OhioKAN Program:
OhioKAN is an innovative statewide Kinship and Adoption Navigator Program that supports formal and informal kin caregivers and adoptive parents by providing information and referral services and assistance obtaining support services. Building on current and previous Ohio kinship navigator programs, OhioKAN is distinguished by its planned statewide implementation, broad population of families served, and provision for rigorous evaluation. Contingent on evaluation results, OhioKAN may establish a new evidence-based practice model that may be considered for federal payments under the Family First Prevention Services Act of 2018.
OhioKAN builds community and systems capacity necessary to support families and works directly with kinship and adoptive families to build confidence and connections. Anticipated outcomes to be measured include greater family resilience, improved family functioning, increased stability and permanency for children, and improved child well-being.
OhioKAN is a statewide program organized into ten geographic regions. Regional staff will develop community capacity to support the work and deliver a service model designed to support formal an informal kin caregivers and adoptive parents in obtaining the knowledge and social support to access to the human services and resources they need to achieve positive health and wellbeing outcomes for themselves and the children in their care.
The Regional Coach is a full-time position dedicated to supporting implementation and coordinating within one of OhioKAN’s ten service delivery regions. The Regional Coach reports to the Regional Director, supports the navigator sites within their region, and collaborates frequently with OhioKAN staff from other regions and the statewide team. The primary function of this role includes coaching for fidelity to the OhioKAN program model, providing Technical Assistance to OhioKAN sites, training and onboarding OhioKAN site staff in the program model, and ensuring continuous quality improvement activities at the regional level
Coaching for Programmatic Fidelity
- Meets weekly with OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors to consult on cases and support implementation of the OhioKAN practice model
- Reviews program tools, fidelity measures, and data collection for the evaluation team with OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors weekly
- Monitors programmatic goals and metrics for assigned navigator sites
- Partners with navigator sites to set goals, gather feedback on common challenges, and interpret program data
- Facilitates communication and maintains relationships within referral agencies to ensure effective service delivery
- Coaches and supports OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors to evaluate and discern how each case with its individualized plan meets benchmarks set forth by the evaluation team
- Responds to inquiries from prospective OhioKAN program participants and provides referrals and direct services as needed
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Continued Learning
- Executes CQI plan for assigned navigator sites
- Partners with Coaches from other regions to identify and meet continued learning needs for OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors through quarterly Learning Communities
- Communicates regularly with the Regional Director and Regional Coordinator regarding program delivery and services provided
Skills and Competencies:
Additional skills/competencies necessary to carry out services to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics:
- Obtain a cultural awareness that results in a clear understandingof the worldview that directs individual interactions with people of other
- Ability to identify needs unique to various diverse populations including those of different gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnic group, race, and physical or mental capacity and address those needs with community resource
- Assist other professionals and team members in understanding the unique needs/characteristics of diverse
- Willing to learn when facing new problems; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; open to change; relentless learner and works to find efficient solutions
- Comfortable shifting gears with a new and evolving Can operate in an environment where things can be up in the air and the total picture isn’t clear.
- Uses logic to solve problems and curious about multiple solutions. Willing tolook beyond the easy or obvious solution to create systemic
- Ability to prioritize and manage up as necessary. Ability to accomplish goals and stay
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred in Social Work, Public Health, Education or related field
- Related experience and skills
- TRAVEL REQUIRED, AS NEEDED. MUST HAVE ACCESS TO OWN
- Background Check Information: The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal conviction(s) will be made before excluding an applicant from
- This job generally operates in a professional office The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- This job requires occasional overnight travel in the state of Ohio
- Ability to work within an office environment and have regular interaction via telephone, teleconference, text and email with Kinnect’s team as well as in the community.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position
All employment decisions at Kinnect are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, size, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Americans with Disabilities Act
This position involves sitting in a stationary position for at least 50% of the time and the ability to ambulate without assistance to attend on-site meetings, as needed. The job requires movement in a typical office environment with file cabinets, office machinery, office furniture and typical hallway and access doorways. The position must operate typical office equipment, such as copiers, telephones, computers and peripherals. This job requires that the person must have the ability to access transportation to attend meetings and special events. The organization provides reasonable accommodations for this position.