Overview of the OhioKAN Program:
OhioKAN is an innovative statewide Kinship and Adoption Navigator Program that supports formal and informal kin caregivers and adoptive parents by providing information and referral services and assistance obtaining support services. Building on current and previous Ohio kinship navigator programs, OhioKAN is distinguished by its planned statewide implementation, broad population of families served, and provision for rigorous evaluation. Contingent on evaluation results, OhioKAN may establish a new evidence-based practice model that may be considered for federal payments under the Family First Prevention Services Act of 2018.
OhioKAN builds the necessary community and systems capacity to support families and works directly with kinship and adoptive families to build confidence and connections. Anticipated outcomes to be measured include greater family resilience, improved family functioning, increased stability and permanency for children, and improved child well-being.
OhioKAN is a statewide program organized into 10 geographic regions. Regional staff will develop community capacity to deliver a service model designed to support formal and informal kin caregivers and adoptive parents obtain the knowledge, social support, and access to the human services and resources they need to achieve positive health and wellbeing outcomes for themselves and the children in their care.
Overview of the Regional Coach Position:
The Regional Coach is a full-time position dedicated to supporting implementation and coordinating within one of OhioKAN’s ten service delivery regions. The Regional Coach reports to the Regional Director, supports the navigator sites within their region, and collaborates frequently with OhioKAN staff from other regions and the statewide team. The primary function of this role include coaching for fidelity to the OhioKAN program model, providing Technical Assistance to OhioKAN sites, training an onboarding OhioKAN site staff in the program model, and ensuring continuous quality improvement activities at the regional level
Coaching for Programmatic Fidelity
- Meets weekly with OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors to consult on cases and support implementation of the OhioKAN practice model
- Reviews program tools, fidelity measures, and data collection for the evaluation team with OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors weekly
- Monitors programmatic goals and metrics for assigned navigator sites
- Partners with navigator sites to set goals, gather feedback on common challenges, and interpret program data
- Facilitates communication and maintains relationships within referral agencies to ensure effective service delivery
- Coaches and supports OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors to evaluate and discern how each case with its individualized plan meets benchmarks set forth by the evaluation team
- Responds to inquiries from prospective OhioKAN program participants and provides referrals and direct services as needed
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Continued Learning
- Executes CQI plan for assigned navigator sites
- Partners with Coaches from other regions to identify and meet continued learning needs for OhioKAN Kinship and Adoption Navigators and their Supervisors through quarterly Learning Communities
- Communicates regularly with the Regional Director and Regional Coordinator regarding program delivery and services provided
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred in Social Work, Public Health, Education or related field
- Related experience and skills
TRAVEL REQUIRED, AS NEEDED. MUST HAVE ACCESS TO OWN TRANSPORTATION.
Background Check Information: The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant’s prior criminal conviction(s) will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
To apply for this position please contact Scion at firstname.lastname@example.org