Program Coordinator, 30 Days to Family® Ohio
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Date: 10/1/2021
Program: 30 Days to Family® Ohio
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Location: Northeast Ohio, Cleveland Office based, preferred
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Retirement
Salary: $40,000-$45,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications
At Kinnect, we envision a child welfare system in Ohio where:
- Foster care is a temporary or short-term option
- Children and families are empowered to find solutions to the problems they face
- Direct service providers and social workers can establish and maintain a culture of innovation and excellence
- All stakeholders prioritize permanency in each decision made on behalf of a child and their family
We believe that childhood is a fundamental human right, and that every day for a child in foster care is a day in crisis. We envision a world where families, agencies, resources – and children – work together so that every child is loved and nurtured in a permanent chosen family. We develop partnerships that transform beliefs, values, and actions to achieve permanency for all children in the shortest time possible. We’ve been advancing this mission since 2005 (as Waiting Child Fund).
Overview of the 30 Days to Family® Program:
30 Days to Family® Ohio is a specialized short-term intervention developed by the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition. 30 Days utilizes the strategies of diligent searching and relentless engagement to identify potential connections, supports, and kinship placement options for children entering into foster care. Our goals are to:
- Increase the number of children placed with relatives when they enter the foster care system
- Ensure natural and community supports are in place to promote stability for the child
We believe all children have caring and capable extended families that are willing to help raise their kin. With the right tools and engagement, families can be united together to support one another through kinship care. 30 Days to Family® Ohio has been implemented in the following counties: Allen, Clark, Cuyahoga, Fairfield, Franklin, Hamilton, Hancock, Highland, Lorain, Lucas, Marion, Montgomery, Sandusky, Stark, Summit, Williams, and Wood. Kinnect, through the support of the 30 Days Team, will be launching regionally based- statewide family search and engagement training that is both intense and specialized around technology tools.
Overview of the Regional Coordinator Position:
The Program Coordinator is a full-time position dedicated to providing primary support to the Trainer, as well as the program overall. The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Manager. The primary functions of this role include administrative support, coordinating statewide, regional, and programmatic communications and events, and managing records. The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Provide consistent administrative support on an individual and team basis.
- Create and maintain in person and virtual training and learning community schedules.
- Make comprehensive training and meeting arrangements.
- Provide polished written and verbal communications to attendees.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain all training supplies and materials in a timely manner.
- Coordinate training registration and evaluation process.
- Complete travel arrangements for self and others.
- Keep materials up-to-date and produced in a professional manner.
- Coordinate communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot issues and respond to questions from attendees and team.
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Trainer.
30 Days to Family® Team
- Provide training and meeting scheduling support.
- Take clear comprehensive notes.
- Assist in planning support for meetings, special projects, and requests.
- Maintain orderly and complete files and records.
- Produce reports and presentations.
- Respond to inquiries.
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Program Manager.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Related experience using databases strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with teams utilizing strategies to overcome obstacles.
- Experience maintaining an internal SharePoint site and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- Adaptation and flexibility
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Problem solving
- Ability and comfort working with diverse populations in various environments
- This job generally operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- This job requires occasional overnight travel in the state of Ohio
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
All employment decisions at Kinnect are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, size, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.