Regional Coordinator, OhioKAN Program
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line.
Overview of the OhioKAN Program:
OhioKAN is an innovative statewide Kinship and Adoption Navigator Program that supports formal and informal kin caregivers and adoptive parents by providing information and referral services and assistance obtaining support services. Building on current and previous Ohio kinship navigator programs, OhioKAN is distinguished by its planned statewide implementation, broad population of families served, and provision for rigorous evaluation. Contingent on evaluation results, OhioKAN may establish a new evidence-based practice model that may be considered for federal payments under the Family First Prevention Services Act of 2018.
OhioKAN builds the necessary community and systems capacity to support families and works directly with kinship and adoptive families to build confidence and connections. Anticipated outcomes to be measured include greater family resilience, improved family functioning, increased stability and permanency for children, and improved child well-being.
OhioKAN is a statewide program organized into 10 geographic regions. Regional staff will develop community capacity to deliver a service model designed to support formal and informal kin caregivers and adoptive parents obtain the knowledge, social support, and access to the human services and resources they need to achieve positive health and wellbeing outcomes for themselves and the children in their care.
Overview of the Regional Coordinator Position:
The Regional Coordinator is a full-time position dedicated to supporting implementation by coordinating within one of OhioKAN’s 10 service delivery regions. The Regional Coordinator reports to the Regional Director, supports Coaches within their region, and collaborates frequently with OhioKAN staff from other regions and the statewide team. The primary function of this role include administrative support to the region, coordinating regional communications and events, and managing data and program records.
- Supports the Regional Director in achieving programmatic goals
- Takes clear comprehensive notes of regional meetings and trainings
- Manages communications with and scheduling of the Regional Advisory Council
- Coordinates meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure regional staff have adequate supplies and equipment
- Responds to inquiries from prospective OhioKAN program participants and provides referrals as needed
Regional Communications and Event Coordination
- Coordinates regional trainings and learning communities in partnership with staff from other regions
- Schedules, organizes, and staffs regional meetings and other regional events (e.g. trainings and outreach events)
- Creates and regularly updates a list of community events and service providers across the region
- Maintains regular communication with ODJFS, the Program Director, and Program Coordinator
Data and Records Management
- Maintains regional records and fiscal reports
- Maintains orderly and complete program records including MOU’s, training/program materials and notes from OhioKAN programmatic activities
- Facilitates communications related to the evaluation and ensures data entry and CQI processes take place as scheduled
- Enters data and runs reports in the OhioKAN Database
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Related experience using databases strongly preferred
- Experience maintaining an internal SharePoint site and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office strongly preferred